Journeying through life with my hand clinging to my Savior.
I am first and foremost a servant of Jesus Christ. I am also wife to my best friend, Daniel, and Mom to our three blessings – Travis, Andrew and Lauryn. We homeschool and are very active in our Awana program at church.
FARMING FULL TIME
My husband and I are full-time multi-generational alternative farmers on Polyface Farm in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. I love farm life and all things associated with it. Our farm uses creation as a template for raising our animals. We are firm believers that healthy animals make healthy people. We use no hormones or antibiotics and all of our animals are on pasture. You can read more about our farm by visiting our website.
I have always loved to create stories and have been writing short stories for family and friends from the time I was old enough to spell. I am an avid reader and consider reading as my top hobby. My favorite stories in the Bible are Esther and Jesus’ parables. My dream is to complete my novel incorporating farming and faith.
QUILTING & SEWING
In addition to reading, I also have a huge fondness for quilts and creative crafts. I hope the pictures and stories of my creations will inspire you to share your own.
- Meadow Spring – Personal Stories/Sharing from my life
- Sow & Reap – Devotional
- Homestead Howdy – Meet new people, Author interviews
- Buckshot Blueprint – Photos
- Newfangled Novels – Head’s up on a new book release by a favorite author
- Cowgirl Critique – Book Reviews
- Two Cents’ Worth – random quotes or stories
- Two Step Scribble – Tutorial of some kind
- Hayseed Hold up – Book Giveaway/Winner announcement
- Campfire Cook – Recipes or kitchen and garden posts
- Trading Post – Book swaps and craft ideas
- Circle the Wagons – chatting with friends (you!)
- Saturday Spotlight – Something that I found especially interesting that week
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
Again, thank you for stopping by, I hope that you’ll kick up your feet, have a look around and stay a while.
My hope and prayer is that this blog will bless and inspire you to live more richly and fully in your everyday life.